August 1, 2007

coming soon

I have much to share with you – incredible experiences for an action-packed July. I am really excited to share with you some moment from this year’s Quest camp in particular. Stories of Biblical proportion – literally.

However, it will have to wait just a little longer. This week I am working at home on two major projects for my ordination process. Step one is completing a theological and doctrinal dissertation for the Board of Ordained ministry. They will use my writing to conduct their 25 to 1 oral examination of me scheduled sometime in February. (Not that it is in the least bit intimidating. I’ve only invested my entire life in this process . . .)

Second, I have to complete a theological project for my covenant connection process (also part of the ordination process). I am doing it on biblical leadership and definitions of success.

I may try to post some of this work for those of you who would be totally uninterested. (The notable exception being my mom who I am pretty sure is the only one who reads this thing. Love you mom.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not true...your big sister is also interested in your blog...well, that is when I am not chasing your two precious nephews around! :) XOXO

Anonymous said...

25 to 1 sounds insanely horrible, have fun with that one.

Anonymous said...

I doubt that only your Mom is interested in your work -- all who know and appreciate your zeal for the Lord and the manner in which you bring it to the congregation at UUMC are interested in the life of Ryan Barnett as he journies on the road to sanctification.

Peace and love,

John Shafer