May 5, 2007

tgif

It was a hard week for some reason. I don’t know why, but my heart has been hurting some lately. I am pretty sure that part of it has to do with Nathan going home. It was so great to have him staying here with me and sharing his supreme joy for life. I know that many of you in church got to hear him sing during church, but I got to hear him sing every morning and night!

Anyway, I am glad the week is drawing to a close. The weekend has been good. I went to Seguin with Mark, Matt, and the band for Youth Choir Rally. YCR is a great event that my friend Rusty Freeman hosts each year for church youth choirs from all over Southwest Texas. Anyway, we had a late night in Seguin -- engaging worship and decent Mexican food. Mostly, my soul was warmed by the warmth of our laughter and friendship. We got a big kick out of a billboard on I10 that reads (in hand painted red letters) “Sign f Rent.” We think they realized that they didn’t have room for the “or” a little too late. If you rent that sign, you may want to paint it yourself.

No comments: