June 27, 2007

da beach

I am definitely enjoying my time at the beach. The other evening, I was sitting on the balcony and the sunset just seemed to linger for me. It is amazing at how little one mind can think in moments like those. I don’t know if it is a human trait, a male trait, or a Ryan trait, but my mind can go completely and totally void. It just fills with what my five senses bring in and that is the sum of what I am able to comprehend in that moment. In everyday life, this is not the case – but in certain spots during the right times, I simply exist. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've experienced that moment as well and your description brought it back again. Since I'm neither male, nor Ryan, I'm going to believe it's a God-given human trait. One of those moments when we completely allow ourselves to be surrounded by the awe of His creations - both the view and our human self. Thanks for sharing the moment.