February 25, 2008

new sanctuary set to open

So the long wait looks to finally be over! We are going to open our new facility on Saturday, March 8. Just a few months after I arrived at the U, I was placed on a Building Committee to help shepherd the building process. I'm not sure that I did that, but I did learn a lot and pray a lot. We were led by Jesse Minor, who God has given the broadest shoulders of any man I’ve ever met (spiritually speaking – he’s not a pro-wrestler or anything). Our little team has met and made decisions – then changed our minds – then made decisions – then changed our minds – then, well you get what I’m saying. After four years, we’ve all grown quite close. At any rate, we’re set to open our youth building, the sky bridge, and our new sanctuary and recreation facility. If you are interested in checking it out, here is our worship schedule for opening events:

March 8
5:30 pm: Opening Worship (Begins in the McCreless Gym in South Campus)

March 9
9:30 & 11:00 am: Sunday Worship (North Campus Sanctuary)
5:30 pm: Consecration Worship (North Campus Sanctuary – Guest Preacher: Mike Lowry)

March 16
5:30 pm: Heritage & Hope Worship (North Campus Sanctuary – Guest Preacher: Steve Wende)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are all excited to see you and be part of your first worship in the new building! Love, Lacey