March 24, 2008

the day after

The day after Holy Week concludes is a major day of rest for us clergy types. I am having a nice relaxing day that included a trip to the gym, some video games, a massage, and a much needed adjustment (no, not to my attitude thank you very much). After weeks of endless moving and preparation for an extraordinary number of worship services (my contemporary team did 9 in 8 days) we are all fairly beat. In addition to the physical strain, we all paid the emotional and spiritual toll for living in the mist of Christ’s passion, the vigil as we awaited his resurrection, and the party that was Easter! It is a gorgeous day in San Antonio – again. We seem to have an abundance of gorgeous days here. I can’t believe I am blogging about the weather. I really must be tired. I think I will just quit while I am

No comments: