October 1, 2007

a couple of days off


I decided to take a few days off from the grind and enjoy Colorado a little bit. So, I left Salida and headed over to Colorado Springs. I haven't been here since I was a kid, but I vividly remember a few places -- 7 Falls, Garden of the gods, and Pikes Peak. I decided to revisit these treasured places. I spent today at 7 Falls. I climbed all the steps and took all the trails. Because of that, the other two attractions will have to wait until tommorrow. For now, my poor legs need a break. I am not sure if I will have time to visit the north pole (on Pike's Peak), but the Garden will certainly be visited! Enjoy this picture of 7 Falls -- oh, and the other ones along the side panel of the blog -- I used my auto-timer to take all of those myself. Luckily, the park was really empty today so no one was there to witness my scrambling into position as the 10 seconds ticked off!

1 comment:

tam said...

I am glad that silliness is still part of your vocabulary. So how much of the mountains are you taking home for the rest of us to experience and enjoy?