November 9, 2007

a slow start

I always seem to have trouble starting a vacation. I have put work aside, but now I am just messing around the house. I have this thing where I don’t like to go out of town unless it is clean. Why this should be, I have no idea – particularly since I don’t generally keep it clean when I am in town . . .

I finally have some plans for my time off. I had really wanted to do a visit to NYC, do something tropical, and go home for Thanksgiving, but Rusty’s passport had expired so we decided to go to Boston for a week instead of Costa Rica. I am pretty pumped – he somehow managed to get us tickets to see the Patriots play! Given that this may be a perfect season now that they have squeaked by the Colts, it will be cool to say, “I was there.”

While I was online trying to get some tickets and hotel reservations for NYC, I noticed this thing called, “Last Minute Deals.” One of the options was a cruise to the Bahamas for only a couple hundred dollars. So, I called my friend, Rob who I was scheduled to see in New York and asked him if he would rather hit up Miami and the Bahamas for a couple of days. “Last minute deals:” It feels so wrong to be rewarded for procrastinating.

Before and between the two trips, I am going home to see my family!

Oh, and for those waiting for word on the hair, don’t worry, Nancy wouldn’t do red. It’s more of a purple.

No comments: