November 23, 2007

vacation update

What a great vacation. I hope to have some time to share some good thoughts I have been considering during my time off, but I thought I should at least update you on my adventures thus far.

I spent a few days with my sister and her boys in Houston, then flew to Miami where I met an old friend from seminary. Needless to say, we pretty much owned South Beach from the moment we set foot on the island. What a wild place. Surreal, really. From there we jumped on a cruise ship and headed to Nassau, Bahamas. We rented scooters and toured the small island paradise.

I know they are not for everyone, but I loved the cruise. I am definitely a cruiser and will be doing it again. I ate a ton, went to the shows, and enjoyed the water immensely. Even the first night when we had 15 foot seas and lots of people were in their cabins sick, we had a huge dinner in a largely deserted dining room and laughed as we lurched our way around the boat!

After the cruise, I spent Thanksgiving with my folks in Houston. The usual huge supper, making crosses in my dad’s shop, and generally enjoying the comfort only felt in the house you grew up in.

So, I had a quick pit stop tonight in San Antonio to unload one suitcase, reload another, and drop off Maddie (my dog). She is staying here this week with a good friend who is house sitting for me. I will be in Boston this next week seeing the sights with my friend, Rusty Freeman. Look for us Sunday night, we will be at the Patriots game. We will be the ones shivering in the cold!

No comments: