November 2, 2007

vacation plans (or lack there of)

Well, I have managed to take procrastination to a whole new low. I am scheduled to begin my annual vacation in just a few short days, but I haven’t confirmed a single plan yet for my time off. At one point, I had an itinerary to Rwanda, a plan for Costa Rica, and information on a number of cruises.

Vacation begins next Wednesday and I have no idea what I am doing! The great news is, I can pretty much go anywhere in the world at a moments notice. Not everything about being single is great – but this is sure one of them! I have my passport and shots from previous travels, I just need to get a move on.

Here is what I know for sure: My friend Rusty and I are going to something, sometime. I’d like to do Thanksgiving with my family in Houston. I wouldn’t mind a little NYC trip to see my seminary bud, Rob. I really enjoyed being in Colorado for my work trip last month and haven’t been skiing in YEARS.

So, I invite you to take the survey off to the side and cast your vote on Ryan’s fantasy vacation schedule. Don’t worry; there is plenty of time to cast your vote . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I am a dork, I came home and wanted to live vicariously by voting on your vacation. I would drive home, so your car is there, then fly to NYC and see Rob, do a broadway show, wave hi to your family and friends on Good Morning America, and go out to a nice dinner. Then fly home and stay a few days to spend time with your family. I would go to colorado, costa rica or the galapagos islands later with a friend. It would add to the vacation experience! haha

tam said...

How about: Fly up to Rob in New York. Hang for a couple of days until you find out how miserably cold it is. Then fly down (and have Rob fly down too if he wants) to Rusty in Costa Rica and get into whatever ministry he has going on. Then head home (where family is) a day or two before Thanksgiving and stay there until you get tired of not being busy again. But then again, this might take more planning and arranging than you are willing to put in the effort for.