June 18, 2008

ill

Sorry for the delay in posting. To be honest, I was very sick yesterday. I spent the whole day cocooned under my blankets. I didn't want to post until I felt better so that my folks wouldn't worry quite so much!

I managed to get out of bed today some and get out just a bit. I am back on solid food - and so far, so good! I have a couple other posts that I am working on, but am going to have to wait as I am pretty beat and headed back to bed. Tomorrow we are headed out to a school and I am really excited to see it. I was at the sight where Nathan has built his school last year and it was just an overgrown field. Now over 70 students are learning in brand new facilities!

Also, pray for our friend Harriet. She had to go to the hospital today. She is just getting out tonight. She is going to be fine, but I know she will appreciate all of your prayers.

4 comments:

Bibliomaniac Mom said...

Ryan,
You, your team, and all whom you touch are in our prayers daily.
Isaiah 65:24
Proverbs 19:21
Showers of His Blessings & Favor,
The Boyer Family

Anonymous said...

If this offers any encouragement, I just read your blog and was moved to tears while praying for you guys - it was truly beautiful -the Holy Spirit was definitely fighting for y'all. Isaiah 41:10

Anonymous said...

Ryan - The adversity you all are feeling is proof that the work being done is of great magnitude. God will bless what is being done and he can move mountains. The Holy Spirit is working this week - the Beth Moore study group (Pslams of Ascent)started memorizing Ps. 121. Verses 1-5 will serve their purpose here during your own journey:

My eyes look to the mountains -
Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the
Creator of Heaven & Earth.
He will not let yor foot slip - he
who watches over you will not
slumber; .......The Lord watches
over you - the Lord is your shade
at your right hand....

Cast your burdens to the Lord and take up His yoke.

Your mission is wonderful and His work will be done on this trip. It appears His plans may be different from yours for the time being. I will pray that each of you receive clear direction. God is so faithful and as Creator He knows how to handle these challenges - trust in Him.

Prayers are being said for you and Harriet to have complete, quick and full recoveries.
Blessings and encouragement.

Kim Nourie

Julie said...

Ryan-
Please tell Harriet hello for me and let her know I am praying for a quick recovery.

Being sick in Rwanda is the worst. All I wanted to do was make it stop so I could get back on the streets. I pray you continue to recover quickly.

Julie Baldwin