June 12, 2008

Rwanda 2008

Tomorrow morning I will once again get on a plane to make the incredible (and incredibly long!) journey to central Africa. Specifically, I will leave San Antonio on Friday morning and arrive in Kigali late Saturday night. My flight plans will take me from S.A. to Dallas to Chicago to Brussels to Kigali International Airport. I know when we arrive a number of our dear friends will be there at the airport waiting to greet us and whisk us off to our hotel.

Shannon and our friend Emily will be going a few days early so that we can sit down and speak at length with our friends and touch base on how things are going for them. I cannot stress how eager we are to share in all the good work these saints are doing for Christ.

On Tuesday the rest of our team will arrive. Van, Debbie, Mary, Melendy, and Walt will join Shan, Em, and I (along with Amy and Tiffany who are already in Rwanda where they are in the middle of their 6 week internship in the Kigali diocese).

It is my intent to post a blog or two each day we are there, but remember it is an 8 hour time difference. Also, no one (read: “mom”) should panic if for some reason there are no posts. It is still a developing nation and you are never guaranteed the instant internet access I have become accustomed to!

I encourage you all to pray for us each day as we seek the Lord’s face and favor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one side of the globe to the other! Safe travel today.

Ryan Barnett said...

Thanks, Bob!!!