July 6, 2009

July 6, 12:49 p.m.

It is hard to explain the power that is available here. The men and I are experiencing the palpable presence of God among us. The cloud of presence is growing thicker. Those who have come plan to come back again. It seems to work best when there are a number of men here who can cycle through the reader position a few times.

As I read earlier from Exodus, I was so powerfully struck by the encounter between Moses and Yahweh. Honestly I didn’t know if I could finish reading. Consider: “The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend.” Ex 33.11 And, “Then Moses said to him, ‘If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people of the face of the earth?’ And the Lord said to Moses, ‘I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.’ Then Moses said, ‘Now show me your glory.’” Ex 33.15-18.

Is the presence of God in my life the defining characteristic of who I am? Are we a people distinguished from all other people on the face of the earth because of our relationship with Jesus Christ?

No comments: