July 8, 2009

July 8, 248 pm

Last night I was headed home for a quick shower. I walked out of the green room where I have been staying, turned around and grabbed my Bible. I smiled at Mark and said, “I need my shield.”

As I pulled into my garage and went to get out, I reached over and grabbed my Bible, again saying, “I need my shield.” Alone in my garage, God responded to my off-hand comment.

He said, “It is not a shield, it is a sword.”

I have been playing defense. The constant and blistering attack of the enemy had worn me out. I had a small window of ease this Spring, but as I got focused on preaching and attending to the ministry of the Word, the attack came again. Honestly, I have spent much time trying to build a bigger spiritual wall to hide behind.

No more. I have drawn my sword which is the very Word of God. Arise! men of God. Arise! women of faith. Lay claim to the nations. Draw your sword and pierce the heart of all men. Lay claim to the nations.

The Kingdom of God lies in wait before us. On behalf of our Lord, Jesus Christ to whom all glory is due, lay claim to the nations.

1 comment:

Freda Barrington said...

Ryan: God bless you and all the men involved in this wonderful testament of faith!! We are praying for the mighty swords to overcome the evil surrounding UUMC every day. Yours in Christ, CD and Freda B.