July 6, 2009

July 6, 6:51 a.m.

A while back, the Lord gave me a vision for spending 30 days in prayer. I invited a hundred men to join me. We began our 30 days this morning at 6 a.m. We are beginning by reading the Bible from cover to cover in our North Sanctuary. I expect that we will finish sometime mid-morning on Thursday. Right now I am encouraged as a steady stream of men have come in to participate.

I really struggled with how to organize this reading, but ultimately received this instruction from the Lord to give the men, “Just tell them to come when I wake them in the night. To come when I move them at work. The worst thing that will happen is that you will end up reading a lot of my Word, Ryan.”

2 comments:

Denise Webb said...

I welcome the opportunity to follow your progress. Praying for your strength and courage for the long haul. God bless you!

Kelly MacTough said...

Harry had been describing this to me - following the readings on the Facebook. I picked him up from his morning workout at Clark HS and we decided to just drop by and drift in. Oh goodness - you don't "drop by and drift in." Next thing we know, we have moved from standing in the back to sitting in the back row, to Harry signed up to be a reader. The gym was a powerful place to be in. I could not get hom fast enough to get my other son - just wanted him to experience the power of the men reading the bible, waiting their turn to read, listening to the Bible being read. Thank you. I know that I have listened to God, we are in the right place to raise our boys. God's Blessings to all readers, listeners and those praying. Kelly MacTough